Why should I choose resin bound paving for Derby?
A rise in floods and awareness of flood prevention has led to a dramatic increase in the market for permeable resin-bound paving.
Unfortunately, the number of companies performing substandard installations has increased with resin bound pavement’s popularity. It’s frustrating because this can lead to a negative image for a premium paving product which, when installed correctly and properly, will last over 25.
It is relatively new and is one of the few trades in the construction industry that does not have a governing body. There is no Paving Expert website to get independent advice on resin bound paving.
Our vision of clear resin bound paving was revolutionized nearly 22 years ago. We are proud to say that our staff remain as enthusiastic and passionate about the product today as Peter and Kevin were when they founded Elite Resin Drives in 1997.
So here they are – 10 really good reasons to choose resin bound paving…
- It’s permeable. The stone has been cold mixed on site, using a process that covers every piece of stone with resin. This forms a 3D structurally stable matrix. It is possible to create tiny cracks during the laying of the stone that allow water through.
- It is visually appealing: resin bound paving is not only decorative but also durable, practical, and versatile.
- It is resistant to all weather conditions.
- It is durable and long-lasting. Resin bound paving is an extremely durable surface. Although warranties last between 10 and 21 years, properly installed and maintained, they can last more than 25.
- It doesn’t require any maintenance. There are no weeds to weed or loose stones to sweep. It can be kept looking like new with a regular brush and occasional power washing.
- It is natural filtration: When rain water or surface water seeps into the sub-base, natural filtration takes effect. This helps reduce or remove impurities and pollutants from oils and other metals.
- It reduces standing-water (puddles), and this in turn reduces surface water flow-off, flash flooding, and other water pollution.
- It’s SuDS-compliant (Sustainable urban drainage Systems): This is a water management system that was introduced by Environment Agency to reduce flood risk and improve water quality.
- It decreases the heat island effect. Heat islands occur because concrete and asphalt absorb heat and store it. Permeable pavers allow the soil beneath to breathe, which lowers the surface temperature and reduces the heat island effect.
- No need to obtain planning permission: Since 2008 government legislation, planning permission has not been required for areas less 5m2 or new surfaces that are permeable.
In comparison to traditional options for paving...
- Are they impermeable?
- Get a more industrial look
- They are not weather-resistant
- A relatively short functional lifespan
- Require more maintenance
- Flash flooding can be caused by creating puddles
- You do not need planning permission to be SuDS compliant. This is a water management system that was introduced by Environment Agency to manage flood risk.
- Conserve heat and help to create the heat island effect.
Resin bound paving has many benefits over traditional pavers. Resin-bound paving is made using natural aggregates from Europe. Elite Resin Drives’s UV stable, polyurethane epoxy resin enhances and maintains the natural appearance. It is an attractive option that can be tailored to your specific needs. Elite Resin Drives offers a range of colours for resin bound Paving. This gives you the freedom to choose the perfect colour and texture that suits your project.
Why is it unique?
There are many factors that make resin bound paving preferable to other forms of paving. These are just a few of the reasons why resin bound paving is preferred to other paving techniques.
- It’s permeable. This means it is great in rainy weather and doesn’t ‘puddle.
- It looks great. Resin bound pavement can be made to match your home, business or driveway.
- It’s durable, practical, and versatile. Resin bound pavers are suitable for a wide range of surfaces and uses.
- It’s resilient to various weather conditions. It doesn’t freeze or fade in the winter.
- It can last up to 25 years. This makes it a very long-lasting investment that is great value.
- It doesn’t require a lot of care or maintenance.
- It is a flat surface that doesn’t have any loose stones. This makes it ideal for pushchairs and wheelchairs.
There are many reasons to love Resin Bound paving, as you can see. It can be a great paving option that will make your life easier and increase the value of your property.
How is resin bound paving made?
This is a complex process that Elite Resin Drives has perfected.
A cold-mixed method is used to ensure that each stone particle is completely covered with resin. This creates a structurally sound 3D matrix. This mixture of stones includes natural aggregate, marble and recycled materials.
It is important that resin bound paving is tightly packed to ensure its durability and long-term performance.
This system incorporates natural aggregates, marble or other recycled materials along with clear resin. This is when we coat every single one of the tiny stones with resin. Once all the pieces are cured, they can be laid on the base. Then, they can be smoothed to form the flat, smooth surface resin bound pavement.
After the surface is laid, the final depth can range between 12mm and 24mm, depending on the type of stone used and its function. You will need a slightly different depth for driveways and public spaces like playgrounds.
Did you know?
Elite Resin Drives resin-bound paving comes with a 21-year warranty. It must be installed by either an Elite Resin Drives partner or Elite Resin Drives Approved Installer. This guarantee is offered because we are so confident in our product’s quality:
- Loose rock
- Oil damage
- Colour changes
- Frost damage
Questions to know if resin paving is for you?
This article can help you to ask the right questions if you are considering investing in resin paver. Asking the right question is key to getting the information that you need. It’s an easy way to find out whether resin paving is the right solution for your project.
Let’s say that resin pavers are a great option for many surfaces. It can be durable and attractive and it comes in many styles.
Question 1: What is your budget?
Budget is one of many things that people must consider when planning projects such as resurfacing driveways and communal areas. Resin Paving is not the cheapest surface option, so budget is an important consideration. Resin paving offers many advantages over other types of paving. It is durable, attractive, and personalisable.
Requesting a quote is the best way for you to see if resin pavement is right for your budget. We provide free quotes with no obligation.
Question 2: Are you having problems with planning permission?
Resin paving is not a suitable choice if you are having trouble getting planning permissions for any other type of paving. With the 2008 new government legislation, planning permission no longer is required for areas below 5m2 or if your new surface is permeable. Resin paving does not require planning permission because it is permeable. This is ideal for those who have had issues with resin paving in the past.
Question 3: Have you been having problems with flooding?
Many properties and driveways in the UK suffer from flooding and water damage because of the unpredictable weather. Resin paving can be permeable, which greatly reduces flooding and water gathering on surfaces. Water can drain through the tiny crevices created during the paving process.
Question 4: Do you want to make a long-term investment?
Resin Paving is a good choice for long-term investments in your driveway or property. Resin Paving can last over 25 years. It is also extremely long-lasting, and offers great value.
Question 5: Do you have time for maintenance?
Resin Paving is the best choice if time is tight and you need a flooring/surface with minimal maintenance. People want to have a surface that is easy to maintain and requires minimal upkeep. Resin pavers are a good choice if this is you. Elite Resin Drives offers a 21-year guarantee on our Elite Resin Drives resin bound pavers. This guarantee covers loose stone, cracking and oil damage as well as softening, colour changes, frost damage and oil damage.